How do I coordinate my flight/travel to Trailblazers?
Attendees are responsible for booking and covering the cost of travel to and from the summit. (For partners traveling outside of the Bay Area, Google for Entrepreneurs will book and cover your hotel accommodations during the summit).
What do I need to pack?
Recommended dress code is business casual/comfortable. Please consider bringing:
- A jacket. Weather forecast for San Francisco can be found here.
- For those attending the Google Tour on Monday, September 19th, please bring
- Comfortable walking shoes, light jacket, and a water bottle.
- Optional: we have several opportunities for active time in the California sunshine and encourage you, if interested, to bring a set of workout clothes. (There are always non-athletic sessions for those who would rather exercise the mind!)
How do I get around during Trailblazers? Should I get a rental car?
Attendees are responsible for getting to the hotel from the airport. We recommend a cab or an Uber (see below for prices) to get from San Francisco International Airport (SFO) or Oakland International Airport (OAK). Once you check-in at the hotel, we will provide shuttles to and from all Trailblazers Events.
We will be providing shuttle service on September 20th and 21st to transport attendees to and from the event.
For locals attendees, if you plan on driving yourself to the summit, there is plenty of available parking at the venue (directions). Once you arrive at the venue, please follow the signs to reach the parking lot.
How do I get to/from the airport?
Attendees will need to coordinate transportation to and from the airport.There are a variety of transportation options once on-the-ground at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) or Oakland International Airport (OAK).
- Taxi - There will be plenty of available taxis at the airport. Depending on traffic the estimated taxi fare from SFO to the hotel is $55 - $90 USD, the estimated taxi fare from OAK to the hotel is $79 - $118 USD. A suggestion for a local cab company is Bay Area Yellow Cab: (408) 412-3100.
- Uber - After you exit the terminal, you can request an Uber ride at your specific location. Uber requests should be made on the departures level at SFO.
- Rental car - SFO and OAK airports both have rental car pick up locations onsite.
- BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) - BART is a public rail transportation system serving the San Francisco Bay Area. A roundtrip to/from the airport will cost approximately $20-25 and takes about an hour each way.
If I’m not staying at the hotel, where do I pick up my welcome packet and badge?
If you are not staying at the hotel, you can pick up your welcome package and name badge at the registration desk when you arrive at the summit at the Golden Gate Club on Tuesday morning, September 19th.
Will there be a tour of Google HQ in Mountain View this year?
Since this year’s summit is in San Francisco, we have planned an optional tour of Google HQ in Mountain View on Monday, September 19th, led by volunteer Googlers. Attendees will be responsible for transportation to/from Mountain View.
If you didn’t mark on your RSVP form that you’d like to attend the tour and would now like to join, please email Becca Samson at firstname.lastname@example.org.